Here are some common child`s daily problems and how to take care your baby properly. You can also read about common diseases in children.
Stomach Pain- Child’s Daily Problems
Abdominal pain is a common problem in infants in which the child stiffens and screams due to discomfort. When the baby is screaming in pain, the whole family, except the mother, feels in trouble—the solution they do not understand.
Normal children, however, parents and their children can be relieved if they act wisely .On the other hand, some physical or internal diseases can only be treated by a doctor. This pain in the baby’s stomach usually goes away in four months.
It is challenging to say the cause of this abdominal pain, but some of the reasons are as follows.
Gas-Child’s Daily Problem
The most apparent symptom of abdominal pain is that the baby emits gas, and his stomach becomes bloated. Both things are very painful and usually, start after giving more milk. The baby’s pain increases and if it is already present, it worsens after drinking milk.
Where does the gas come from in the baby’s stomach? One of the reasons for this may be that while drinking milk (especially from a bottle), he swallows a lot of air milk.
The gas is produced internally. Germs break down proteases and sugars into various gases, which produces this gas in the female intestine.
If the baby is drinking milk from a bottle, he can drink more milk (an excessive amount) which will fill his stomach more and cause discomfort. The best way to avoid this is to reduce your milk intake. It may seem that the baby is hungry, but the baby is not as hungry as nipple sucking has become his habit and psychological need.
Even if the baby can digest all the milk, an over-filled stomach can still cause discomfort.
- While the baby is breastfeeding, the air also comes out simultaneously. This is why mothers keep the baby in a vertical position after breastfeeding so that the swallowed air comes out after belching.
- Sometimes children lose a lot of air, especially in the beginning. If the nail is checked before breastfeeding, its holes are not closed or narrow. Or, if the pin is correctly tightened with the bottle, the baby’s chances of catching air are reduced. The bottle should be held so that the milk goes into the baby’s mouth and the air does not escape.
- In the case of breastfeeding and feeding (an excessive amount) is not likely because the amount of milk in the breast decreases with drinking. Some medications can also be used in difficult situations with the advice of a physician. This breaks the trapped air into smaller bubbles so they can escape easily.
Allergy-Child’s Daily Problem
Milk allergies are also one of the reasons of stomach pain. Even though canned milk is thoroughly processed, some babies are allergic to the proteins in it.
They can cause inflammation in the intestines as a roll. Like eczema, rash or runny nose may be a sign of an allergy. Still, it is also possible that these symptoms do not occur despite milk sensitivity and only abdominal pain is a symptom.
These symptoms can be caused by cow’s or buffalo’s milk. Allergies caused this way is difficult to diagnose, but the simple treatment is to give canned milk from soybean instead of cow’s milk. Available in the market. In addition to these causes of abdominal pain, there may be other causes.
In this case, the best way is to consult a wise doctor. It is best to treat it as soon as possible because it becomes a kind of cycle (dizziness) in which the child drinks and runs with pain and swallows more air, further increasing his discomfort.
Treatment and Precautions
- Mothers can treat their baby’s pain with appropriate precautions.
- After each feeding, belch and keep it straight for some time.
- It is also comforting to lie on the baby’s stomach or put it on the shoulder. He will feel comfortable if you place the baby on your lap with your hands on his stomach.
- Sometimes the baby is relieved by swinging a little back and forth or sitting in the car.
- Effect of mother’s diet: Sometimes the mother feels that when she eats a particular food, she becomes restless and cries. This is because a portion of the mother’s diet reaches the baby through the milk and hurts him. This process can be done with any food and only if it is felt that the mother can relax the baby by avoiding this food.
- Suppose the baby is drinking canned milk instead of formula, prepared from cow’s milk. They’re using a recipe that’s been around since soybeans were first introduced. This indicates that the baby is not allergic to milk or that the intestines produce a modest amount of enzyme. The majority of people in Asian countries are thought to have low or no milk sugar-breaking enzymes. Therefore, milk allergy is common in these areas.
Despite all these measures, if no positive result is found, consult your doctor immediately in this regard. There is no substitute for proper and timely medical advice.
After drinking milk, babies usually expel a small amount of condensed milk. There is no need to panic. This is because the place where the oesophagus meets the stomach is not fully developed, so some milk is reversed. This is not a problem. With age, as the internal organs go through stages of development, the vomiting stops on its own.
Babies should not be brought upright or on their backs after breastfeeding as it is more likely. It is best to turn the baby about half lying down and in a sitting position (about 30 to 45 degrees) after breastfeeding. Sometimes children vomit more than they need. It can be controlled in two ways. The first is to give the same amount of milk as you give to your baby in 24 hours, more often in less quantity.
For example, give that amount twelve times if you give 24 ounces of milk six times in twenty-four hours. That is two ounces instead of four ounces each time. This will reduce the amount of milk, the pressure on the muscles at the junction of the stomach and oesophagus, and the chances of vomiting.
Creating healthy habits for children
- The arrival of a new guest is a source of joy for the family. Newborn needs are limited. It requires proper nutrition, security, and a love for better physical and sugar development.
- That’s it. Parents can act wisely and train their child from the very beginning while he is very sensitive so that no specific strict rules can be made for the upbringing of children. However, a few big things should be followed.
- If the newborn continues to get proper nutrition, he will stay asleep until he needs more food. And it is not suitable to wake him up when he is sleeping.
- If a minor child screams between meal intervals, it is usually due to some discomfort, but it does not need to be carried in the hands even if it is lying comfortably instead of sleeping.
- If the baby is breastfed, it is usually comfortable and relaxed. Still, when mothers start giving breast milk to the baby out of fashion or compulsion, then problems may start if proper care is not taken in the preparation of this milk. If the milk is not prepared in clean and sterile water, if the milk bottle is not cleaned correctly, the baby can quickly get stomach ailments.
- Children adopt certain habits from specific actions of parents, which are called conditioning.
- If the child continues to drive for a long time, he also learns that it is essential to get attention. He will run and take her food. (Conditioning) If he is picked up and loved immediately, he seems to hope always to be loved after crying. (Conditioning)
- If he is helped and encouraged to sleep after breastfeeding, he also learns that he should sleep after feeding.
- Light radio music, even a mother’s lullaby or the clock’s ticking, can help her fall asleep.
Care about Dress appropriate for the season
In addition to food, it is essential to pay attention to the baby’s clothing, which should be appropriate for the weather but slightly loose and light in weight. Clothing made from plain cotton fabric is best. Clothing made from synthetic fibres can cause discomfort or allergies to the baby.
The baby’s stomach and chest should be examined by hand in the winter, and he should be dressed appropriately for his needs. Hands and feet should also be examined, and If they are chilly , covered them properly.
However, wearing too many clothes unnecessarily can be harmful to the child. If the baby is feeling hot, reduce his clothes.
Light cotton clothing is more suitable in the summer season. It has been estimated that young children are less affected by heat than by cold.
Baby Bathing Care
Babies do not need to bathe too much because young children’s bodies do not get dirty as fast as older children’s.
- The protective fat on the other baby’s body is washed away; thus, the baby’s skin becomes overly sensitive and can lead to infectious diseases. Bathing two or three times a week is enough for a baby.
- The water I use for bathing should be clean and at the proper temperature.
- In cold weather, the room or bathroom where you bathe your baby should be warm enough and take off your baby’s clothes when all bathing preparations are complete.
- Bathing the newborn should not take more than a few minutes, and massaging the delicate areas of the baby’s body is not recommended.
- After bathing, dry the baby and wrap it in a clean towel.
Children’s Teeth Care
Teeth begin to erupt at seven months and by two and a half years old. During this time, there is discomfort in the gums of children.
The baby puts everything in his mouth. Some things also contain germs that can cause a child’s diarrhoea, vomiting, cough, etc. Sometimes a baby cries or becomes abnormally restless in the gums. During this time, hygiene should be taken care of. Pain medicine can be given if needed.